Everything You Need to Know About Black Mold…
Black Mold Removal Cost… You need to read this before you continue!
What influences black mold removal cost and what you can do to reduce the cost of removing black mold in your home. Discover all you need to know on our dedicated Black Mold Removal Cost page. Click Here!
Black mold is a type of mold which causes variety of diseases and is considered very harmful to people of all ages. It is often formed in less used bathrooms, wet basement walls, and walls with lack of ventilation.
If left unchecked, serious damage can be caused to the health of people in the immediate vicinity. It’s important to understand the symptoms, do the required tests, and determine what type of mold it is.
There are quite a few symptoms that make identification easy. We’d list a few of them below. Check if one or all of these systems persist in your house. If they do, may be time to call black mold removal professionals to eradicate the harmful mold.
How to Test for Black Mold
Having found the symptoms, do a black mold test to determine if it’s what you fear. For doing so, there are two options. Both these options are simple to follow.
First option – Buy a testing kit and follow the instructions given on it. You can buy a kit for minimal cost in most supermarkets and hardware stores. Moreover, they’re easy to use.
Second Option – Professionals also perform black mold testing. To test for black mold, they take samples from the affected area and test this in laboratories and after the results are finalized, they take remedial action to remove it permanently.
Black Mold Removal Guidelines
Mold can affect anything and everything in your house – from wood to concrete and porous materials. And its impact can be bad on the affected area as well. There are various products, methods, and options available to remove this toxic mold from different affected areas, but at a cost.
- As far as products are concerned, the natural product bleach is considered a black mold remover. It does the job quite effectively but doesn’t remove the mold from its core. Therefore, other chemicals prescribed by Environment Protection Agency (EPA) are taken into consideration.
- Talking about the methods, professionals follow the rules set by the EPA. Depending on the type and nature of the mold, a desired method is followed for removal of black mold.
- Apparently, the remover chemical that’s used, method that’s pursued, and the professionals who perform it contribute to the overall black mold removal cost.
Black Mold Cleaning Tips
Any individual without prior experience should not get down to clean the mold dirt. It might raise health risks. So either read some tips such as the ones mentioned below before cleaning the mold, or simply hire professionals to do the work.
- Find the source of the mold and stop using the area unless it’s completely removed with the help of a black mold cleaner.
- Cover the doors and windows with plastic sheets before the black mold clean up drive is initiated. And if an exhaust is available, do use it to send mold spoors outside the house via a door or a window.
- Use the right chemicals and spray on the impacted area. It stops the mold spores from getting airborne.
Symptoms of Black Mold
- Formation of mold in the basement after a flood or water leakage. The main reason could be water being stagnated in an area for a long time.
- Bad odor from somewhere starts disturbing you. Mold smell is hard to describe and it’s even harder to find its source. Check the areas that aren’t well-ventilated and humid in your house to figure out the impacted area.
- If someone in the house starts feeling allergic even if cleanliness is maintained and no triggers are found around. Also, repeated headaches for no reason are another symptom of black mold formation in the house.
- If the walls are discolored or the surface is cracked or peeling, consider it as a one of the symptoms as well.
Why is it Important to Remove Black Mold?
Black mold, if not removed, poses serious health risks to the people who are around. Also, it damages your property by ruining the walls, basement, wood, or whatever area is affected. Therefore, it’s essential to take immediate action and remove this toxic mold as soon as possible. You can learn more about its testing methods, and how it can be removed by exploring this website in detail.
Finding the source is the first step. Once you know the source, black mold removal professionals will take care of the rest if you are uncomfortable undertaking the job by yourself.